Today in class we had the honor to be educated by the lovely Joanna! She was absolutely fabulous and very informative. I felt she really eased our nerves going into our practicum.

In my opinion, one of the most important take away from this session is the importance of forming a relationship with students. I always find that during my job as an out-of-school care leader, my children are always more responsive to instructions when I have a good relationship with them. Therefore during my practicum, I plan to make relationships my priority during my first week and really solidify my presence in the classroom.

Another big takeaway I felt important was the use of Flipgrid. I have never heard of this program but I am very interested in using it during my teaching career. Seeing those students making videos and having fun gave me such a big inspiration on what I can do with my own students. It has many cross-curricular potentials and allows teachers to assign homework in a flexible manner. Moreover, these videos show that making videos can help improve students’ confidence, allowing students to express themselves in a humourous and exciting way.

Thank you so much Joanna for the talk, I really appreciated spending time in the classroom and learning from you.